Wednesday 5 February 2014

Little Primark shop & co-ord



At the weekend I went into town to get some new books and thought I'd have a quick look in Primark (despite it being a busy Saturday) in case they had any blouses suitable for my upcoming first ever lolita co-ord. ended up getting a few totally different but lovely finds. I try not to buy too much clothing as I'm at work full time (40 hours minimum) so I don't get much time to wear non uniform or cycling clothes.. But these really stood out to me, especially price wise :3 



£8


This dress is a bit more green than pictured here which I think will go well with my bright red hair. I'll be wearing this to a big birthday party next weekend most likely.

The material is a bit thin and builds up static easily but I should be alright if I wear a slip underneath.
There is a little tightness around the chest area but I'm putting that down mainly to me being big busted, I can't help it!

Otherwise this dress is a beautiful fit and hangs nicely on my frame. The pattern is very pretty and gives off that typical vintage feel that is so popular now.
 


Some close up detail of the dress pattern.
£5













Next up is this cute 'tattoo' print shirt. It's slightly cropped which is a bit frustrating for me with my large bust and long back but it looks good with a tube or skater skirt or maybe high waisted shorts.

My favourite part is the swallow print, I have a bit of a fixation with swallow & bird prints and accessories so my attention was grabbed by this shirt straight away!


£5
 




















Here's another 'tattoo' (what it said on the receipt lol) print shirt. In gorgeous pastel pink & lilac. This top is comfortable and flatter on my fluffy figure. I think it's my favourite of all the tops I got and I have plenty of stuff I can style this with.

Material is nice and soft and there weren't any mishaps with the stitching. (something I often discover on Primark clothing, have to be really careful to check everything I want before I buy it)






















Next is another top I found sitting on it's lonesome and it happened to be in my size. When I took it to the till it turned out to be reduced too! From £5 -£2 which is even better. It's like I was fated to get this top haha!

I really like starry and galaxy prints and this just fits the bill for me. What makes it a little more special is the cityscape at the bottom of the shirt. I think this stops it from just looking like a bog standard starry print shirt. Gives it a bit more detail. I've already had a few compliments over this one as I've worn it already.

Again it's a good fitting shirt and doesn't make me feel like a fat sack of potatoes!










£5

This is the last top I bought (I'm such a sucker for cute t-shirts)

Delicious pastel colours and delicious ice cream! This will be a perfect top whenever we eventually get warmer weather.

It doesn't look like a great fit just sitting on the hanger but I can say it fits nicely on me without being frumpy :)
























£5!!!!



Final item in my shop and my most favourite thing: short dungarees!! I'm a big girl and dungarees always tend to make me look worse or just pregnant >_>;; but these short ones I feel look a lot nicer and they were reduced to a bargain £5! Sweet.


























Below are some pics I took wearing the dungarees, not a super fashion concious co-ord but it's about what I think looks good on me right? Please bear with me as I learn how to take self portraits with me new camera!

Features a kitty ear bowler I purchased from ebay, necklace and hand made lucite earrings by http://pieces-of-the-past.myshopify.com/ Please check the shop out, it has so many lovely hand made pieces of lucite jewellery, vintage and rockabilly jewellery, accessories and STUNNING affordable rockabilly fashion <3




Earrings by Pieces of the Past


shirt detail
   
Necklace by Pieces of the Past

Bracelet from Hart 'n' Crosses




Thank you for reading and let me know what you think x








No comments:

Post a Comment