Tuesday 4 February 2014

Massive Update Time

I have been away from my blog for so long now. It wasn't intentional or through (total) laziness. My laptop broke whilst I was away at October London MCM Expo. So for about a month and a bit (I was so busy with other things in life) I had no laptop until it was fixed back in time for Christmas.

I'm only just coming back to it now though because I've still been really busy and had a little lack of inspiration really too... I have lots of new figures to photograph which is good and I'm starting to feel really creative again.
This is partly due to me getting a new camera! I'd been thinking over it for a long while and finally made a decision on the one I wanted and ordered it. I got a Nikon D3200 which seems to be a great entry level SLR. Perfect for me, I can't believe how heavy it is but after experimenting a little I've gotten used to handling it easily. Below I'll just give you a bunch of pics of my October MCM figure haul plus a few other new ones. Obviously I'll be doing proper shoots and such with these soon so please forgive these rushed snapshots!

Thanks <3

October London MCM Expo figure haul  




Persona 4 Ultimate Rise Kujikawa!
This is my first Rise figure and I was really happy to grab her as Rise is my favourite Persona 4 character. The figure is a very good quality and I paid £22 for her I believe. I had to blu tack her bottom to the tvs though. I guess it would have been a bit controversial for her to have a little knob in her crotch/butt! :P

Next up, my most hyped figure I knew I wanted before I even went to the event. GSC nendoroid event exclusive Maiko ver Madoka Magica! She is so pretty and dainty I can't express it enough. I nearly cried when I picked her up because I was so excited. (I'm silly I know) I believe you can now order her off the GSC website but stock is limited. (Might be sold out now I don't know!) She was £35 if I recall correctly.



Now I had now idea I would get my hands on this charming lady at MCM. Persona 4 Ultimate Elizabeth! Arguably one of the best sculpts of her ever done really. Her pose is so fluid and every detail flawless from any angle. I paid about £22 for her too which is an incredibly fair price. I wouldn't recommend paying more than £30 (and that's a rip off) for any figure from this series though. £20-25 is the fairest price, anyone charging more for it brand new is taking advantage (which is common at events).



Final one from MCM is Homura Akemi. She was £20 from a seller who I recognise from previous events. I cannot remember his stall name though... I saw this on the Friday and held back from buying it. Then in the evening I kept thinking about her and ended really wanting it...(I guess that logic applies to shopping for anything really LOL) So on the Saturday I trailed through the heavy crowds (dragging my boyfriend and friend with me, sorry guys!) looking for the stall and thankfully they had two left as well as a Sayaka version too. The seller said she had been disappearing really fast so I'm glad I made the effort to go get her.









Right now onto the rest, here are the other new figs I've picked up between November and now. I have so many ideas for pics plus a lot of pics of one or two on my phone already. Will have to post them later.



GSC Nendoroid Mayoi Hachikuji



Petanko! Mini Puella Magi Madoka Magica blind box figs. I got School Madoka, Mami and Sayaka. Plus Magical Girl Sayaka.




Petanko! Rise Kujikawa and Yu Narukami



Prize fig Rise Kujikawa

(second hand on ebay for £7, bargain)



My most special and one of the oldest, original nendoroids; Tachokoma from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. This was £50 brand new and sealed from a very pleasant seller on Amazon.







Right that's everything 'updated' I guess for now figure wise. There is other stuff I should write about but I'm too hungry right now for that ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment