Sunday 28 February 2016

Review: Cauldron of Mischief

In early November last year I was planning to cosplay Horo from Spice and Wolf for MCM Birmingham Comic Con. Due to a lack of time and personal skill/experience I was unsure I would be able to make the ears and tail in time for the event as well as the outfit. Cauldron of Mischief offered
her services to me to make them both for me and knowing her previous high levels of experience in making cosplay props I knew I could trust in her. 

She kept me informed along the whole process of her making them, this included when the fabric was ordered, when it arrived and regularly updated me with progress photos. She also was kind enough to transport the wig and tail to the event itself with her and hand them over to me there which I really appreciated. 

I was thrilled when I saw them, they were really well made and the fur fabric is of an excellent quality. The waistband fitted comfortably around me so the tail sat naturally. The ears were of a perfect scale and were attached to very strong grip clips so they stayed put in my wig all day. I can't express enough how cuddly and big the tail was, it matched perfectly with my height and the shape was very realistic!
All in all this was an excellent commission and a very reasonable price at £50. I will definitely
be interested in commissioning from Cauldron of Mischief again.

Below are some images of the products being worn, as you can see they looked great!


photo taken by Faye R, edited by me

photo taken by Faye R, edited by me


No comments:

Post a Comment