Thursday 10 October 2013

Yosuke Hanamura "Captain Ressentiment"



I picked Yosuke up back at MCM London Expo in May this year for about £20 I think. Hopefully that wasn't too overpriced for him.. This is from the Persona 4: The Ultimate in the Mayonaka Arena collection. I haven't played the game as it's not my type of game but I'm a Persona 4 fan so I was happy to have a Yosuke ^o^


Epic Sky Pose!

I was a bit confused at first because in the artwork both his kunai are pointing to the left but if you turn round his (detachable) right hand it pretty much blocks out his face haha! I think I will have to glue in the right hand though because it's not a very snug fit, I've had several "where did Yosuke's hand go?!" incidents now. It always turned up somewhere really awkward and I'm too lazy to keep looking ;)

















Some facial detail here. The painting is pretty good, no weird smudges or bumpy bits. I feel the tips of his hair are a bit too rounded instead of pointy and defined. But that's just me being fussy I think :)













The kunai are so big :o

You can't quite see it here but I like how dynamic his jacket looks flapping at the corners. It really helps bring his mid-action pose to life!











Super Epic Sky Pose GOOOOO!

Last photo is another sky one but I love it more because of the plane trail in the sky! Plus you can see the awesome jacket here. The folds in the shoulders of the jacket look realistic and generally the proportion of the whole figure is spot on!
I should probably re-edit this to get rid of the yellow reflection of his stand though...

No comments:

Post a Comment