Saturday 31 May 2014

New Figure: Madoka Kaname The Beginning 1/8 Scale

I think I'm starting to re-discover my love for scaled figures! This figure is -amazing-. I snagged her on the pre orders for the re-run. I'm so glad I managed to get her because for a huge PMMM fan like myself, I think this a core piece any big PMMM fan should own. It's truly a work of art and I simply cannot get over how stunning she is. The sculpt is total perfection and based on the illustration by Ume Aoki and sculpted by Sakurazensen. If you'd like to just skip my fangirl ramblings about the figure you can see an overview and a video here!

I have to warn you this post is very image heavy, there are just so many perfect little details. It took me forever to attempt to capture them all.




The shading is so intricate on the dress and adds so much dimension to her pose. Plus I adore the delicate blush on her face, it's not too strong but still lights her face up.



I find the arch of her back fascinating, it can't be that comfortable in real life but then again, when was any pose related to SHAFT?

It was hard to capture for me but around the frill there is a soft pinky hue which gives more life and movement to her already fluid pose.

All those frills *___* it reminds me of a delicious cake hu hu... Anyway, the backs of her legs are so smooth, no lines or marks! You can also see the little detail on the end of the bow!

Bows!! Plus the realistic looking puff of her skirt.

That back arch >__< So elegant!

Perfectly puffy sleeves



You can see the bow doesn't quite rest in between her finger and thumb like you'd expect. I think is because she summons them anyway out of air so she doesn't really touch them...

The rose on the top end of her bow.

Her soul gem does gleam in the light, it wasn't sunny when I was taking pics though u_u



Flying on smoke!

This was my greatest mystery when ordering this figure. How will she stand up in that pose?! Well there is a metal pin that slots into Madoka's foot and she stands very firmly and well balanced! I think it's ideal to keep her somewhere where she's unlikely to get knocked though...Just in case... (note how the smoke has a lovely lilac hue to it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment