Sunday 20 October 2013

General life rambling 20/10/13


I've been really busy lately and I'm struggling to find time and inspiration for my huge backlog of figures that I'd like to photograph. Also with winter just around the corner there isn't much opportunity for outdoor shoots (which my camera copes best with). I've just never gotten on with my camera indoors. It's just an SLR type point-and-shoot so it's nothing super special but I don't seem to be very good at controlling the shutter speed let alone anything else manually. It just feels awkward? It doesn't help that I don't have the instruction manual either....

A few of the figures I have to shoot are more spring types too, all I can visualise is flowers blossoming around them heh. I will just have to try with what I can.

Next weekend I'm attending MCM London Expo (London Comic Con) so there will be (hopefully) lots of photos from that to post including cosplay shoots of my own cosplays as well as my boyfriends' and my friends'! I'm really excited, mostly because it means a hotel for the weekend for just me and my man. But obviously also because it means meeting up with lovely people we know and getting excited over merch that's hard to get hold of at the event. (plus voice actors & tv stars etc if you're into the celebrity culture, I'm not....)

I'm mostly excited about Good Smile Company coming over, I'm really hoping they bring some more exclusive figures with them. Possibly the yukata version of Madoka Kaname!?! (because it's not like I have three nendoroids of her already...) 
It is really exciting to know there'll be a few legitimate stalls selling goods there. I'd like it if MCM started cracking down on all these people coming over to sell fake goods like they do at Hyper Japan. Then I think I could respect the event a whole lot more! It would fully deserve the title of 'Comic Con' then.... 

Moving on, I took a few photos of my Yuki Nagato figma the other day (the first ever figma made!) but the poor lighting made it very hard to focus and produce any good quality photos... I'll share the few that did make me a bit happy. (I'll probably re-do this concept again though. I took one pic on my phone and it looked better than my camera ones!!) 



Quite elegant in some poses....



I was really tired when I was editing these so I went a bit crazy... but the character is an alien who can manipulate space and time so I think this weird edit is acceptable.

This is a small part of my to-read pile....(everything behind it is to read as well....)



And here's the one I took on my phone....






No comments:

Post a Comment