Friday 27 February 2015

Nendoroid More: CUBE 01 Classroom Set

Well I'm finally back on my blog after a long radio silence. I felt quite a lack of inspiration for a long time (about six months almost) plus being busy with temping work over Christmas hasn't helped either. Things are more settled now and I return with a review of an adorable playset by Goodsmile Company made for your nendoroids so you can put them in even more cute poses and scenes!

I picked this up from a stall at MCM Midlands Expo in Telford two weeks ago. The set came out in the summer last year but I was short on money and honestly hadn't seen it many places since it's release. So, when I saw it on a stall I simply had to have it! I've always wanted a cute playset for my nendoroid collection! It retailed for around 1400 JPY (£8ish) upon release. Which is a very fair price for what you get in the set.

The set contains the following:
~ 1 x Lectern
~ 2 x School desks
~ 2 x Lockers
~ 3 x Books
~ 1 x Bookshelf
~ 1 x Computer
~ Classroom Display Sheet (made from card)
~ Stickers to customize the books, computer & blackboard

A simple set but very effective ^_^  especially if you like to photograph your figures in different situations and such. (and if you're me, not crafty enough to make your own!)
Everything is nicely made and matches the general scale of nendoroids. I've taken a series of photos to show everything to you. I'm better with photos than I am with words haha!




Here's the full set laid out, it looks really smart and cute just as it is to me. I stuck a couple of the black board stickers on, these were easy to peel off and change. The little hand drawn details on the board and papers stuck to the wall is super cute!

Okay so let's take a detailed look at the features.





The printing is very good on the card background. I personally would have comfortably paid more to have a proper plastic background myself, just would have felt more sturdy and a lot less shiny than this card. Nonetheless, it's great. ^^ Stickers are a bit dark so they don't blend in too well with the blackboard for my liking but still look cute and just like hand drawings.



The stackable lockers are well made and you simply have to gently push the right hand side of them to open the little door (?). There's room inside to place the little books included and other small nendoroid accessories of your choosing. 
(as seen below)






The desks are easy to assemble and even have little openings to put books in. I wish I'd had desks like this when I was at school, we just had tables we had to share with each other! This is my main and only real gripe of the set though. There's no chairs to go with the desks! I know it's hard to pose most nendoroids in a straight up sitting position but it'd still be nice to include for authenticity.

I had to pose my Mako chan like this! XD

Not comfortable!




The bookcase is pretty simple, it's just a little cube you can place items in. Would look better with maybe some detail on the sides perhaps? Or maybe a different shape. The books themselves have a little slot in them making it easy for nendoroids to hold!






This little computer is pretty neat and there's two different types of stickers you can choose for the screen: this goodsmile website or just a plain window's style homescreen. You can also choose between a light grey keyboard sticker or dark grey.





The lectern is a good size, I've used Itoshiki for scale (appropriate no?) You can easily place items on top of it too (such as a class roster).


Overall, this is a great value playset for nendoroid lovers (it's on my shelf unit now and looks great!). I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially if you have any school related nendoroids. You can recreate some of your favourite scenes easily! There's a few things I'd add to it as I said, I suppose they could be included in a future expansion of the playset. (go on Goodsmile, you know you want to :D)

I'll leave you with a couple of shots I took using it <3







No comments:

Post a Comment