Monday 22 June 2015

Mikuzukin!

This was a figure I was really looking forward to as I don't own any other figures bigger than a 1/8 scale; Miku is a grand 1/7! I paid around the £50 mark for her which I feel is very fair considering her scale and the high quality make up. When the prototype was previewed last year I was a little unsure on the design of her face but I'm glad I took the plunge in pre-ordering her because she looks a million times better than the prototype. I think I've processed about twice the amount of photos I'd normally do for a review of a figure but there's just so many details I enjoyed and wanted to share with you. So please bear with this image heavy post!
                                                                                      -Saffron.


Carefully lined hair to give depth and dimension plus brightly animated eyes brings her face to life. Her hair is a lovely rich teal colour which stands out well against the bright red.

I was really impressed by how neat the painting is, barely any mishaps on this figure. 



The little fox on her head is the part I find the most charming about this outfit and one of the main reasons I want to cosplay it too! Just too cute!

Crisp, precise painting and realistic ruffles.












There's even shading around the creases to help give depth and a little realism to the pose.


The stand is simple but works in perfectly with Mikuzukin, it's sturdy but attractive. 

Hard to shoot but there's plenty of corset detail on her back.


She slides straight onto the stand and despite being on one foot is very sturdy! Good job Max Factory.


No comments:

Post a Comment